Schools: Central & Takena Elementary
- School Mascots: Central Tigers, Takena Wolves
- Enrollment: 115 Each
Principal: Julia Bradley
- GAPS Start Date: July 1, 2020
- Degrees: BA, Western Oregon, 2001. MAT, Willamette University, 2011
- Previously: Worked for the Salem-Keizer School District. Also served as an Adjunct Professor for Pacific University.
Fun Facts: Her favorite restaurant is the Spaghetti Factory; she loves chocolate or sour candies; her drink of choice is a Spicy Chai Latte; she loves to spend time with her family, outside activities (run, bike, kayak, hike) and read a good book. She describes herself as “pretty simple”.
- School Staff Appreciation: Being a new principal is hard… being a new principal during COVID is really hard, but Julia has stepped up to the challenge! Without missing a beat, she has stepped in and kept us all going with the poise and grace of a real professional!Julia is a true leader and we are so blessed to have her. She has quickly become a vital member of our Central/Takena family. Feels like she’s just always been here!
Julia answers her phone instantly and is ready to help and support in any way she can, even if it is to share a laugh. I feel so supported and thank her family for sharing her with us!
I have been impressed with Julia’s stamina in enduring all the rocky waters being new to the job! Not only has Julia been keeping things rolling she has been very supportive of her staff and students in getting instruction up and running while keeping mental health in the forefront for all.
Julia has a good listening ear and an open phone line for whenever needed.
Shout out to Julia Bradley for joining our team during such a crazy time. Even though there are still so many unknowns ahead of us, she is still full of enthusiasm and excitement. It has been a pleasure to get to know her over these last few months.